Episode 16: Timeless tactics for developing independence and an internal drive in all level athletes (Part 2)
Coach Dan Gable joins Daryl Weber and Jason Bryant for part two of a two-part series on independent and dependent practice situations and scenarios. In Episode 16, we learn:
Hear Coach Weber and Coach Gable answer the #1 question we get from coaches at Attack Style Wrestling. We also learn these tips:
• Tactics to keep wrestlers that are on the fence or getting discouraged excited and fired up about wrestling.
• How to cut off quitting at the pass.
• How to read each athlete and make sure
• How to get kids hooked on the sport
• What coaches and parents that are having issues need to do
• What type of advice they need to be looking for and what to look for in a mentor
• What to expect when you start using proven tactics for developing wrestlers.
• How to find something that works and how to break it down to the simplest terms
• How to measure success in each wrestlers
• How to get the most of each athlete and not run them off.
• How to start to teach independence to your wrestlers
• Using live wrestling sessions like coach Gable at any level
• How to adjust your intensity level to build an aggressive dominating wrestling style
• Gable’s favorite trick or tactic in live wrestling to developing the skills need to win big matches.
• Reveal how to combine independence and dependence into your practice for the ultimate practice environment.
• Knowing when to start to push an athlete and how much to push them.
• Gable’s rule on how many points you should score in a practice.
• How to continue to develop independence and keep the most elite wrestlers sharp in your program.
• Coach Gable’s secret to develop wrestlers at the highest levels in the practice room
• How to program wrestlers to be able to listen to you in live competition when needed.
• What you need to manufacture for your most elite wrestlers
• How Coach Gable is not like either presidential candidate
• How to get everything we talked about to work for you at whatever level you’re at
• How a good coach is like a magician
• How to get a copy of Coach Gable’s hand written document on what Independent and Dependent is and how to implement it.
The Attack Style Wrestling Podcast is brought to you by AttackStyleWrestling.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ATTACK STYLE WRESTLING PODCAST
iTunes | Stitcher | Spreaker iHeartRadio | SoundCloud | Google Play Music | RSS
JOIN THE TEAM
And if you're a fan of the extensive and broad-based reach of the shows on the Mat Talk Podcast Network, become a TEAM MEMBER today. There are various levels of perks for the different levels of team membership. If you like wrestling content -- scratch that -- if you LOVE great wrestling content, consider becoming a team member. You'll get some cool stuff too.
Looking to start a podcast of your own?
Get a free month with Libsyn.com by using the promo code MTO when you sign up. You'll get the remainder of the month from when you sign up as well as the next month free. It'll be enough time to kick the tires and lights some fires.